- February 11th: Bethel Chess Quads in Eugene:
- February 17th: Corvallis Chess Club Tournament
- February 25th: Corvallis Chess Riot at Corvallis HS (*OSCF qualifer.) . Contact email@example.com for details. – details to be posted on OSCF.org soon.
- March 3: K-12 Chess Hops Fiesta, FREE chess tournament at Ash Creek Elementary in Monmouth, OR (*OSCF Qualifier) :
- March 3-4th: High School State Championships at Willamette HS, Eugene (*OSCF qualifer):
- http://ohsta.org/ (Oregon High School Team Chess Association) search engines may lead to old website for ohscta.org.
- Also, Youth Chess and Game Days every Thursday at the Corvallis Public Library starting at 4:30.
- The OSCF K-12 State Championships in Seaside Oregon are April 13th – 14th. Players need to have attended 2 OSCF qualifiers and have 15 lifetime NWSRS rated games to attend.
ALBANY WINTER QUADS TOURNAMENT
When: Sat., February 17, 2018
Where: Albany Public Library, 2450 14th Ave. SE, Albany, OR
Entry fee: $5 plus + U. S. Chess Federation Membership: 1 yr. Adult $40, Young Adult(under 24) $26, Youth(under 15) $22, Scholastic(under 12) $17. Registration at 9 am, Sat.
Registration: 9:00 am
Rounds: Sat. 9:30 am, 12 noon, 2:30 pm
Time Controls: Game in 60 minutes. A five second time delay permitted.
1st place each section $15. Any 6-player section will have 2nd place prize of $5.
Special conditions when some sections cannot have exactly 4 players: One section may need to be 6 players(the top ranked section). Then Swiss pairings will be used.
Bring your chess sets and chess clocks.
The sponsoring Corvallis Chess Club also meets every Monday, 6:30 – 9 pm, at the Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St., Corvallis, OR. For more info call tournament director Dan Rogers, 541-967-1911.
If the Deli is overcrowded, the Club meets at the nearby New Morning Bakery, 219 SW 2nd St.